Friday, December 11, 2009

I need help with eye makeup!!?

So i have medium skin tone and brown eyes and brown hair. I saw in a magazine that guys like the smokey eye but my friend who ';knows everything'; says i should stick to ONLY light eyeshadow. I see people with my same features wear dark eye shadow!! Can you guys give me your opinions?? Thanks a lot!!I need help with eye makeup!!?
It really depends what features of your face you want to pronunciate, and where you want to create the contrast.


I have brown hair and eyes too, and medium tone skin, and generally if I use dark eye shadow, for my lips I apply a light, natural color(preferably lip gloss). Hence , the accent comes on my eyes.


However, I use light eye make up to create contrast when I use a stronger lip color . The result is, of course, that the lips are accentuated. Also, I use light eye make up( sometimes as a simple line drawn with a white or light blue pencil, and a bit of white eye shadow right beneath the arc of eyebrows) when I apply face make up that is dark.





It is all about contrast.I need help with eye makeup!!?
I'd say your friend is wrong. I love the smokey eye look, and I am a brunette with a medium skin tone with brown eyes too. And what's great about smokey eyes, is you don't have to just do a dark smokey eye. You can do all kinds! Here's some great kits...





For the typical smokey eye: http://www.stilacosmetics.com/product_de鈥?/a>





For a softer, bronzed smokey eye: http://www.stilacosmetics.com/product_de鈥?/a>





Or for a fun, emerald smokey eye: http://www.stilacosmetics.com/product_de鈥?/a>





Any of these would look great on you. With having brown hair and brown eyes, strong darker eye colors will actually help you eyes pop more.
Ok, I just looked at my Allure make-up book. Here's what I found:





beauty myth: your eye shadow should match your eye color. Matching your makeup to your eye color can look tacky. Choose a shade that creates contrast: gold for brown eyes.





Some of the pictures show girls with brown hair and eyes and they have this light bluish gray eye makeup.





Just keep experimenting and you'll find what looks most striking on you. :)
It matters what you want to do not what your friends say go and do it I think they maybe jelous that you'll look prettier cause they people with your features with tha make up? so just give it a try and see if your like it and btw if your need help with doing a smokey eye just search it on youtube.com I know a guru that's great at doing smokey eyes here name is: QueenofBlendingMUA just search that in the search bar
yay my fav subject.


here are some looks


http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I0NkeFxTX8A


this is a youtube video


hope it helps!
Try dark, like purple. I have light skin and purple looks great on me! Purple looks good on every skin tone though! Go for it!
Your so called friend probably doesnt want all the guys focusing on your entrancing smokey eyes rather than hers.





Go for it!
i suggest to use the dark eyeshadow cuz you are medium and brown eyes

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
domain name registration